Reaching Out from a Mind as Dirty as All Outdoors

If you get lucky enough, I might post adult-only material from time to time, so be 18 or over, or please be elsewhere.

I'll be discussing erotica here, the writing of it and the people who write it, as well as what we've written. I find all these aspects stimulating, but if any of them bore you, feel free to skim. You never know what you might miss, though.




Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Blog for BLE v 3, “The Night Shift,” by Pascal Scott





You’ll laugh, you’ll wriggle in in your chair, and laugh and wriggle some more reading "Night Shift." Here’s what Pascal says about the inspiration for her story:

“For many years I was employed by a tourist destination in North Carolina. Part of that time I worked the night shift in its call center, booking adventure packages. As it happened, one of our toll-free numbers was one digit off from a popular sex line and so, on occasion, we would receive calls from confused men looking for the kind of good time we weren’t selling.

I sat in a cubicle across from a young woman from the Philippines, who was still getting a sense of the English language with its strange idioms and verbal nuances. One night she happened to answer one of those sex line callers who had misdialed. The conversation continued until our supervisor, monitoring the call from her office on her headphones, realized what was happening and came rushing out to tell my co-worker to hang up.
It turned out the caller was a woman. Because I was out as a lesbian to everyone at work, I joked that they should have let me handle the call. But it caused me to wonder, what kind of woman calls a sex line? “The Night Shift” is based on my fantasy of how that evening might have gone if I’d been in charge.”

And here’s a brief teaser of an excerpt:

“All right,” I say, making an executive decision. “I’ll play along. Let’s pretend you’ve just called a sex line—”
 “Well, I did just call a sex line, at least I meant to call a sex line—”
 “And you’ve reached the sexiest woman on the planet. Me.”
 “Hmm,” Sammy says, “That sounds interesting.”
I slip my voice into a lower register.
 “Thank you for calling Nine Hundred SLUT. My name is Roxy. What may I do for you tonight?”
 “Hey, you’re good,” Sammy tells me, surprised. “I like that voice.”
 “Thank you, baby. What’s your name? And may I call you baby?”
 “Sammy. And you may call me anything you like.”
 “Sammy,” I say, “I like your attitude. I can tell you’re a woman who knows what she wants and what Sammy wants tonight is an adventure. Sammy, I can assure you that you’ve reached the right girl.”
 “I believe I have,” Sammy replies.

Pascal Scott is the pseudonym of a lesbian writer whose short fiction has appeared in Thunder of War, Lightning of Desire: Lesbian Historical Military Erotica; Through the Hourglass: Lesbian Historical Romance; Order Up: A Menu of Lesbian Romance and Erotica; Unspeakably Erotic: Lesbian Kink; Best Lesbian Erotica, Vol. 2 (2017);Best Lesbian Erotica, Vol. 3 (2018); Harrington Lesbian Literary Quarterly; and other anthologies. She is currently trying her hand at novel writing by working on a series of lesbian mysteries. She’ll let you know how it goes.

Here’s our schedule of all the posts from contributors to the anthology, and potential links, which may change, so check back here. I’ll keep the list up-to-date.


December 1
Sacchi Green
Introduction
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 2
Pascal Scott
The Night Shift
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 3
R. D. Miller
Perfume
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 4
T.C. Mill
Fearless
http://tc-mill.com/2018/12/04/on-loss-and-anger-and-being-unafraid-fearless-in-best-lesbian-erotica-vol-3/

December 5
Victoria Janssen
Still Marching
http://victoriajanssen.com/2018/12/still-marching-a-tale-of-our-times/

Anna Watson
Sweet of My Heart
December 6
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 7
R.G. Emanuelle
The Auction
 http://rgemanuelle.com/2018/12/07/the-auction

December 8
Scout Rhodes
Morning Fog
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 9
Emily L. Byrne
Rainbow’s End
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 10
Mags Hayward
Yin and Yang
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

Valerie  Alexander
Ninjutsu
December 11
valeriealexander.org

December 12
Xan West
Trying Submission
December 13
https://xanwest.wordpress.com

M. Birds
Where There’s Smoke

December 14
Raven Sky
Fuck Me Like a Canadian
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 15
Sommer Marsden
Husher

December 16
Lea Daley
Rules
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 17
Nan Barret
Oliver: Twisted
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

December 18
Nat Burns
Jani-Lyn’s Dragon
sacchi-green.blogspot.com

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Lesbian-Erotica-Year-3/dp/1627782869/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1543190819&sr=2







No comments:

Post a Comment